Getting great client / customer testimonials requires one thing: That you ask!
Stacey Curnow is a nurse-midwife and mentor and she made this great suggestion for how to make asking really simple. She created a little form letter which she uses everytime. Here it is:
Dear (insert name here),
After I've worked with a client for a while, I love to get feedback about what's working and what I could do differently to make your experience more wonderful.
If you could, I would really appreciate answers to the questions below:
1. What problem were you facing that you hoped working with me would help?
2. How has working with me helped you?
3. What do you like about the experience of working with me?
4. What is the most important thing people should know about working with me?
5. Would you (continue to) recommend working with me to your friends or family?
6. What could I do differently to make your experience of working with me more wonderful?
Other thoughts or comments?
No rush on this, but I look forward to receiving your feedback!
Thanks Stacey for that great tip...Stacey is a nurse-midwife and a mentor who helps you give birth to your BIG dreams. You can find out more about Stacey here.