This month (October) National Domestic Violence Month turns 30, which supports individuals working through domestic issues and raises awareness for those issues. A belief of National Resource Center on Domestic Violence (NRCDV) is well supported also by Tin Shingle: Storytelling is a tool for raising awareness & inspiring action. The truth is our personal life spills over, shapes, and changes our business life.
On Wednesday, October 18th Tin Shingle's co-founder, Katie Hellmuth Martin is about to get personal in the next installment of Give Yourself Permission Series. October is also Emotional Awareness Month and National Bullying Prevention Month, which all affect far too many people and their lives. These issues are threaded through this week's class because let's face it, life in this world can be hard. And putting yourself out there to promote what you sell or do is nerve-wracking.
Thanks to our community of business owners at Tin Shingle, we hear directly from people struggling with this concept. There is a mental block preventing them from doing the promotion. Through some counseling of these business friends in Tin Shingle’s Private Client Program, we have learned it is due to deeply personal reasons that they don’t promote what they sell and put themselves out there, be it for a special class taught by an expert, or even a product sold online.
Deeply personal conflicts that Katie is going to cover in this TuneUp include:
- Living in fear from domestic violence issues and wanting to hide - yet sell what you created
- Cultural and class conflicts with promoting - the discomfort of standing out in a culturally low-key community
- Reactions from clients that dictate how you do things - even if the client is wrong
- Enduring low self-esteem, and pushing through that in order to bring the great thing you created to people who want it
- Fear of stepping on other’s toes - if competitors are your friends
Tin Shingle's Training TuneUp Going Bigger - The Mindest will provide a healthy dose of motivation to help you continue with your business goals. We will also share proven strategies and antidotes to the challenges many face because of past experiences. Register early to secure your spot live-it's free! Bring your questions and be ready to take notes. We are a community - and we are in this together!